Information For Authors
Interested in submitting to this journal? We recommend that you review the About the Journal page for the journal's section policies, as well as the Author Guidelines. Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting or, if already registered, can simply log in and begin the five-step process.
City Health Journal Rules for Writing and Publishing
Papers to be submitted to the journal may be in Turkish or English languages. Papers to be submitted to the journal must be not published previously in another platform.
Papers defined to be written in accordance to the rules of the Journal are assessed by the editors and sent to two or more peers for review. Papers may be rejected or the author may be requested to make revision. In the event the paper is approved after the completion of any revisions within indicated periods, it is published in the issues to be developed within the year.
Preparation of paper
The paper should be typed on paper with A4 dimensions, leaving 2.5 cm space from the top, below, right and left edges, with double line space, without hyphenation at line end, by using font size 10 Times New Roman character font.
The tables, figures, graphs and similar that are included should not exceed an area of 10 x 17 cm for preventing exceeding of page borders and for using with convenience. Thus, smaller font sizes and single line space may be used for objects such as tables, figures, images, graphs etc. The tables, figures, images, graphs etc. should be inserted into the text.
Papers should not exceed 20 pages. Sending a copy of the paper produced through MS Word to the Journal's e-mail addresses or submitting the same online from the website is sufficient for the editorial process to commence. An electronic mail message confirming its receipt is sent at the latest in a week after the paper was sent.
For any clinical or experimental studies on humans and animals that require ethics board approval to be used in the research studies, separate ethics board approvals have to be obtained, such approval should be referred to in the paper, and duly documented.
For Turkish papers, the grammar rules in TDK Spelling Book (Yazım Kılavuzu, 2009, Turkish Language Association) or on the address www.tdk.gov.tr (online version) should be complied with in respect to both the text and the references sections.
References (For both the text and the references sections, the grammatical rules defined in the book named Publication Manual of American Psychological Association and published by American Psychological Association should be implemented).
Journal names should be abbreviated in accordance with Index Medicus or Ulakbim/Turkish Medical Index.
The papers submitted should include the sections presented in bold characters below:
- Turkish Title Page (should include paper title, full names and titles of author(s), the institutions they are employed in, and their address, telephone, fax and electronic mail addresses)
- Turkish Abstract (between 150 and 200 words)
- Keywords (between 5 and 8 words)
- Main Text (quantitative and qualitative studies should include introduction, methodology, findings and discussion sections)
- English Title Page (should include the paper title, full names and titles of author(s), the institutions they are employed in, and their address, telephone, fax and electronic mail addresses, and their "ORCID" data with international validity)
- Abstract (between 150 and 200 words)
- Keywords (between 5 and 8 words)
English Main Text (quantitative and qualitative studies should include introduction, methodology, findings and discussion sections)
Notes to Authors on the Process of Publishing
City Health Journal aims to bring together the parties dealing in the fields of city and health on a joint platform.
In this regard, it shall be;
- The Journal shall be an academical journal including the scientific studies, researches and analyses conducted for developing the health and wellbeing of the people living in cities. This international journal shall provide contribution to strengthening the governance among the parties included in the making and implementation of policies in regards to the topic of city health and health environment. It shall be a journal as a reference source for the decision support mechanisms on the topics of formation of health cities.
- The publishing languages of the journal are Turkish and English.
- For papers with several authors, the person with whom editorial correspondence is to be made should be defined and indicated clearly.
- Author(s) are responsible for any falsification, faults, copyright violation, plagiarism etc. issues that may exist within the content or references in the papers published.
- Authors are responsible for the content of their papers published. In the event there are aspects that require ethics approval related to a given paper, the author(s) are assumed to have obtained approval from the ethics board(s).
- Publishing rights of the papers published belong to the publishing Company.
The Copyright Transfer Form that bear the wet signatures of the author or all authors should be delivered to the publisher.